8 'C's of Divine History
- Creation – all “very good”
- Confusion – tower of Babel
- InCarnation – encompasses our Lord’s birth, ministry, suffering, crucifixion, resurrection and ascension. The C in Incarnation is for Christ and all He accomplished as Immanuel.
- New Covenant – in the blood of the Lamb of God — the once-for-all sacrifice, making the old covenant obsolete and leading to its conclusive termination by the destruction of the temple in 70 AD. During this present and final age our ascended Lord reigns from on High (Psalm 110:1-2) and through His Spirit indwelling His people – living stones in the new living temple, His body.
- ViCtory – The triumph of the sovereign, enthroned Lord Jesus Christ and His church over all opponents in time and history is inevitable. “For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.”(Habakkuk 2:14)
- Consummation – “Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts and end to all rule and all authority and power For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death”(1 Corinthians 15:24-26); and “we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.”(1 John 3:2)
[Hat tip: AiG’s Seven C’s]